How to Integrate Shopify and Sendlane
Shopify is a complete eCommerce platform that enables you to start, grow, and manage a business.
By integrating your Shopify store with Sendlane, you can gain insights from your customer's behavior and purchase history, and use those insights to develop targeted email campaigns and automation funnels!
In this article, we will cover:
- Connecting Shopify and Sendlane
- Next Steps
- Troubleshooting & Additional Shopify Resources
- Additional Resources
Before Getting Started
Prior to connecting with Sendlane, you'll need to create your Shopify store.
Next, be sure you have created a list inside of your Sendlane account, so Shopify knows where to place your new customers!
- Sendlane will import Contacts with any Shopify activity in the past 90 days. If you have imported Contacts into your Shopify account from another eCommerce platform in the past 90 days, those contacts will be included in the automatic sync even if they have not made a purchase or had any other activity in the past 90 days.
- New leads and existing customer activity will begin syncing automatically. Customer activity will create new Contact records for new customers, or update existing Contact records.
Pro users can contact their Implementation or Customer Success Manager to sync up to 5 years of additional historical data!
Connecting Shopify and Sendlane
- From your Sendlane account, click the Integrations tab and search for Shopify
- Click the Shopify Integration
- Click the pink Configure button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up
- Click the pink Create New Shopify Shop button at the bottom of the page
- Enter the name of your Shopify Shop, choose your default list for syncing new customers (or click Create List to create a new list) and click Continue
- After entering your Shop, you will be redirected to Shopify to log in to your account.
- Once logged into Shopify, click the Install unlisted app button.
- You will be redirected back to Sendlane and a green notification will appear indicating that the connection was successful
- Select Manage on the right side of the page
- Configure your Shop settings
- Choose your newsletter list (Your newsletter lists are comprised of customers who have opted into receiving emails from you. For more information on newsletter lists, click here.)
- Choose your default Sendlane List to sync new customers
- Choose your default Sendlane list to sync abandoned checkout customers
- Click Save
- You'll see the integration status as Initializing first, then Syncing as the data starts to transfer - please give the system just a bit of time to process here, then once the status updates to Installed you're all set!
Your integration is now complete!
Now that your store is connected with Sendlane, you can start collecting contact information from Shopify store visitors using pop-ups!
Plus, you'll also want to be sure you have an abandoned cart automation set up to retarget anyone who leaves without finalizing their purchase!
Troubleshooting & Additional Shopify Resources
I do not see my Shopify customers within Sendlane
If you just completed the integration process, it will take some time for all of that information to sync over. If you visit the Shopify integration page within your Sendlane account and see that the status still shows Initializing or Syncing, some information or actions may not be available yet.
Why are Contacts showing as unsubscribed immediately after completing a purchase?
If your Shopify checkout page pre-selects the marketing email opt-in checkbox, Contacts who uncheck the marketing email opt-in box during checkout will be unsubscribed from the List attached to your Shopify integration as soon as checkout is complete.
If you have any other issues connecting your Sendlane and Shopify accounts, our support team is available 24/7. Plus, the Shopify team is just a few clicks away!