How to Integrate Shopify and Sendlane
Shopify is a complete commerce platform that enables you to start, grow, and manage a business.
By integrating your Shopify store with Sendlane, you can gain insights from your customer's behavior to their purchase history, and use those insights to develop targeted email campaigns and automation funnels!
Please Note: You will need to have established your Shopify store prior to integrating with Sendlane.
Connecting Shopify and Sendlane
- From your Sendlane account, click the Integrations tab and search for Shopify
- Click the Shopify Integration
- Click the pink Configure button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up
- Click the blue New Shopify Shop button at the bottom of the page
- Enter the name of your Shopify Shop and click Continue
- After entering your Shop, you will be redirected to Shopify to log in to your account
- Once logged into Shopify, click the “Install unlisted app” button.
- You will be redirected back to Sendlane and a green notification will appear indicating that the connection was successful
- Select Manage on the right side of the page
- Configure your Shop settings
- Choose your newsletter list
Your newsletter lists are comprised of customers who have opted into receiving emails from you. For more information on newsletter lists, click here
- Choose your default Sendlane List to sync new customers
- Choose your default Sendlane list to sync abandoned checkout customers
- Choose your newsletter list
- Click Save
Your integration is now complete! Your customer data will be synced with Sendlane, enabling you to develop targeted Campaigns and Automations!
Shopify Deep Data Integration
There are four main elements to effectively use Sendlane’s Deep Data integration with Shopify:
- Tracking - Using Sendlane’s event tracking feature will be a key element to using Deep Data. You’ll want to be sure to take a look at our event tracking article for more information on how you can create a tracking code to place within the Header or Footer of your site.
- Collection - Our Tracking Feature will collect a record of your customers’ behaviors on your Shopify store, from the Shopify store visits, to product purchases, and amounts spent; all of this will be captured in real time, so you can view this information whenever you’d like.
- Segmentation - Segmenting your customers is where you can take full advantage of the Deep Data integration with Shopify; that way you can narrow down your audience to the exact specifications you want.
- Personalization - Here’s where you take your customers experience to the next level. You can use abandon cart links to display products customers did not purchase and even provide recommendations for previous customers using our Shopify Personalization Tags.
Additional Shopify Resources
Log in to Sendlane → Integrations → Shopify → Configure → New Shopify Shop → Enter Shop name → Continue → Login to Shopify → Install Unlisted App → Manage → Configure Shop settings → Save