How to Integrate Shopify and Sendlane
Shopify is a complete eCommerce platform that enables you to start, grow, and manage an eCommerce business.
By integrating your Shopify store with Sendlane, you can gain insights from your customer's behavior and purchase history, and use those insights to develop targeted email Campaigns and Automation funnels!
🚦 Before Getting Started
- Create your Shopify store
- Create Lists for Abandoned Cart, Newsletter, Buyers, and Back in Stock
- Prepare to sync your Sendlane and Shopify accounts:
- Sendlane will import Contacts with any Shopify activity in the past 90 days. If you have imported Contacts into your Shopify account from another eCommerce platform in the past 90 days, those contacts will be included in the automatic sync even if they have not made a purchase or had any other activity in the past 90 days.
- New leads and existing customer activity will begin syncing automatically. Customer activity will update existing Contact records and create new Contact records for new customers.
Install the Sendlane App on Shopify
Log in to Sendlane and head to the integrations page > Click Shopify > Configure > Create New Shopify Integration > Add App
Select your store to finish installing the app!
When you are redirected to Sendlane, scroll down to "Already got an account? Log in" to log in to your Sendlane account.
Next, you'll be redirected to configure Lists for your Shopify integration.
Configure Lists For Shopify
Select or create a List for newsletter, buyer, and abandoned cart Contacts, then click Finalize Installation!
⏭ Next Steps
- Start collecting leads by installing a Pop-Up on your Shopify store!
- To collect consent for SMS marketing, head to your Shopify store's settings and check the "Show an option to subscribe at checkout" checkbox!
- Set up an abandoned cart Automation to retarget anyone who leaves without finalizing their purchase!
Troubleshooting & Additional Shopify Resources
I do not see my Shopify customers within Sendlane
If you just completed the integration process, check back later. If you visit the Shopify integration page within your Sendlane account and see that the status still shows Initializing or Syncing, some information or actions may not be available yet.
Why are Contacts showing as unsubscribed immediately after completing a purchase?
If your Shopify checkout page pre-selects the marketing email opt-in checkbox, Contacts who uncheck the marketing email opt-in box during checkout will be unsubscribed from the List attached to your Shopify integration as soon as checkout is complete.
If you have any other issues connecting your Sendlane and Shopify accounts, our support team is available 24/7. Plus, the Shopify team is just a few clicks away!