How to Integrate Shopify and Sendlane
Shopify is a complete eCommerce platform that enables you to start, grow, and manage an eCommerce business. By integrating your Shopify store with Sendlane, you can gain insights from your customer's behavior and purchase history and use those insights to develop targeted email Campaigns and Automation funnels!
Read on to learn how to connect your Shopify store and Sendlane account.
In This Guide
- Set Up Sendlane's Shopify Integration
- Install the Sendlane App on Shopify
- Configure Shopify Settings in Sendlane
🚦 Before Getting Started
- Create your Shopify store
- Create Lists for Abandoned Cart, Newsletter, Buyers, and Back in Stock
- Prepare to sync your Sendlane and Shopify accounts:
- Sendlane will import Contacts with any Shopify activity in the past 12 months. If you have imported Contacts into Shopify in the past 12 months, those contacts will be included even if they have not purchased a product or had any other activity in the past 12 months.
- New leads and existing customer activity will begin syncing automatically. Customer activity will update existing Contact records and create new Contact records for new customers.
- Click the Integrations icon
- Click Shopify
- Click Configure
- Click Setup Integration to be taken to the Sendlane app in Shopify
- In a new tab, log out of Sendlane and ensure any windows or tabs that were logged into Sendlane are logged out
- Click Add app
- Select your Shopify store
- Click Install App
- Scroll to the bottom of the Sendlane login screen
- Click Log In
- Enter your credentials and log in to Sendlane
- Click the gear icon to access your Shopify integration's settings
- Select default Lists for newsletter, buyer, reviews, abandoned cart, and back in stock Contacts
- If you'd like to automatically remove customers from the abandoned cart list once they've made a purchase, check the optional checkbox
- Select an address type to assign to Contacts
- Default will bring in the address marked as the Contact's default address in Shopify
- Click Finalize Installation
Your Shopify integration is now complete! You may see a Pending status for a few minutes as your Shopify store finishes syncing with your Sendlane account.
🙋 How do I connect multiple stores?
To add more than one Shopify store, click Add Store and repeat the steps above!
Access the Shopify Integration in Sendlane
Install the Sendlane App in Shopify
Configure Shopify Settings
⏭ Next Steps
Troubleshooting & Additional Shopify Resources
My integration status seems to be stuck at pending!
If your Shopify integration status is stuck at Pending, you can always try deleting the integration and starting the integration process over. Sometimes a blip in communication between Sendlane and Shopify interrupts the connection process.
Delete the existing integration that is stuck at Pending before starting the integration process again by clicking the trash can icon:
I don't see my Shopify customers in my Sendlane account!
If you just completed the integration process, check back later. If you visit the Shopify integration page within your Sendlane account and see that the status still shows
Syncing, some information or actions may not be available.