Lists are the most basic way to organize Contacts in Sendlane for groups that you intend to target on a regular basis. Lists can be used to send Campaigns and Automation emails, allowing you to target specific groups of Contacts!
In this Guide
Create a List
To create a List, follow these steps:
- From your Sendlane dashboard, click Audience > Lists > +List
- In the Create List sidebar window, enter a List Name and select or create a new a Sender Profile
- Click Confirm to save your new List!
Add Contacts to a List
To add Contacts to a List, click the Import button > Select your .CSV file of Contacts > Map fields > Finish
Check out more details on importing Contacts here!
🚨 Important Note
When you import a List, the Sendlane Compliance team reviews it to ensure that your List is safe to send to. During this process, you may see the following statuses next to your Import:
- Processing - The List is being processed and is in queue to be reviewed by the Compliance team
- Active - The List has been processed, reviewed by our Compliance team, and is now being activated in your account
- Completed - The List is finished activating and is now ready to send to!
To edit a List's details click the arrow in the View column next to the desired List
Use the top container of the View List sidebar to
- Edit a List's name
- Import Contacts to a List
- Export Contacts from a List to .CSV or .TXT
- Add Contacts from a List to a Facebook Custom Audience
- Start List Hygiene
- Manually add a single Contact to a List
- Delete a List (deleting a List permanently deletes all associated data such as segments, subscriptions, activity, and all Contacts who are not associated with other Lists)
Changing a List’s Sender Profile
In the Sender Profile section, click Edit > select a new Sender Profile > Save
Merge a List
Merging two or more Lists combines all Contacts on each List into a new List.
Select each List to be merged and click Merge.
Merge List Options
Merge selected to
- An existing list Select the existing List to merge the selected Lists to
- A new list Enter a name and select a Sender Profile for the new List
After merge is complete
- Keep merged lists Lists that were selected and merged will remain in your account
- Delete merged lists Lists that were selected and merged will be permanently deleted
To view a List's statistics click the arrow in the View column next to the desired List
The List Statistics default reporting period is the last 7 days. Use the dropdown to view data for the previous one month, three months, one year, or five years.