How Do I Add Contacts to My Account?
An important part of getting started with your email marketing is growing your audience, so, how do you add new contacts to your account?
Within Sendlane, there are five different ways you can do this:
- Importing Contacts
- Manually Adding Contacts
- Adding Contacts using Popups
- Integrating Contacts
- Adding Contacts using API
Before Getting Started
You will need to create a list in order to successfully add new contacts.
You should also know that Sendlane is a permission-based platform, so please be sure that every contact has provided clear consent to be added to your list.
All imported contacts must include opt-in details including opt-in date, IP address and/or location.
- Head to Audience → List and select the list that you want to add contacts to.
- From within the list select Import.
- Here you'll see a place to drag and drop the file that contains your contacts. You can also sync your contacts from another platform such as MailChimp and ActiveCampaign.
To Import from a file, please be sure your file is either a .CSV or .TXT file - other file types cannot be imported. You'll also want to delete any unnecessary columns from your file. This will save time as the next step here involves mapping your fields, and either ignoring columns, or creating custom fields from the data:
- Once you've added or synced your contacts, click Import Contacts to finalize the process and submit your import!
What Comes Next
Once you've submitted an import within your Sendlane account, our Compliance team will begin reviewing the details of your newly imported list.
Click through to learn more about our List Review process!
Imports do not trigger automations. If you'd like recently imported contacts to move into an automation funnel, please click through to see How to Trigger an Automation for Imported Contacts.
Manually Adding Contacts
- Head to Audience → List and select the list that you are wanting to add contacts to.
- From within the list select Add a Contact.
- Next, select Quick Add to enter a single contact's information to your list using areas for Email, First and Last name, and any Tags that you would like to add to this contact
Sendlane is a permission-based platform. Each contact you add to your list must have provided consent prior to being added and receiving emails from you.
Adding Contacts Using Popups
If you have your own website and just need a way to collect contact information you can add new contacts using our Pop-ups!
These popups (aka mini subscription webforms) can be added directly on your website to collect contacts in real time!
Sendlane offers 100’s of integration options with other marketing tools you use every day.
Once integrated, any contacts you collect with outside platforms will also be added directly to your Sendlane account!
Head to the Integrations tab for a full list of platforms we integrate with:
Using API Calls
For our more advanced users, we have created an index of API calls to directly send contact information from your website or platform to ours.
API offers a more advanced way to manage your contacts in Sendlane. You are able to add single contacts or lists to you Sendlane account using the correct API call.
Manually Adding a contact to a list: Audience → List → Add Contact → Create single contact/ Sync with another platform/ import file/ copy & paste → Create
Importing Contacts: Audience → List → Import → Drag and drop CSV or TXT file → Select the fields to include → Import Contacts → Compliance will review request
Creating a Webform: Forms → New Webform → Integration with Website
Using API Calls: API Calls