Pop-ups are a great, interactive tool that Sendlane offers to turn users who visit your website into contacts in your mailing list!
Here we'll cover:
Before Getting Started
Be sure you have created a list inside of your Sendlane account, so you have a destination for your pop-ups to place your new leads and contacts!
Also, please note that you need to have access to the HTML code of your website to install the pop-up.
Different Types of Pop-ups
Sendlane offers three different types of pop-ups:
|Inline||This pop-up can be directly added to your website. It will be placed where ever you decide when adding the code.|
|Pop-up||This option will pop up after a visitor has been viewing your page for a certain amount of time.|
|Banner||This pop-up is fixed to either the top or the bottom of the page. It will scroll with the visitor as they navigate your website.|
Creating a Pop-up
- From your Sendlane dashboard, navigate to the Pop-up menu and click New Pop-up
- Next, select the type of form you'd like to use and click Next
- Name your new pop-up (this is just for your own records, visitors will not see the name you enter here) and click Create Pop-up
- Next, you'll be able to start customizing your pop-up:
- If you right click on any text element, you'll see a text toolbar with customization options like font, color, size and more
- With the Content toolbar, you're able to add new elements, fields and even add custom fields
- The Style toolbar allows you to make style adjustments to the pop-up, like adding images, changing colors, and more
- You'll see Position toolbar for both pop-up and banner-style forms, where you can specify the placement of your pop-up on the page
If you are using images for your Logo be sure to use either .png or .gif files.
Once you're done designing, click Next
Your completed pop-up is ready to be installed on your website!
Installing a Pop-up
To install a published pop-up, you have a handful of options:
- Copy and paste the code right before the closing </body> tag for any page you'd like the pop-up to show
- Send to your developer so they can install the code for you. They'll receive an email with the subject line "Sendlane Form Code"
- Install with WordPress
- Install with Shopify
You need to have access to the HTML code of your website to install the pop-up.
If you pop-up settings don't seem to be "sticking" please be sure your pop-up doesn't have any unpublished changes:
Creating a Pop-up: Pop-ups → New Pop-up → Select Pop-up Type → Name and Select opt-in → Build From → Build Success Page → Select List → Publish → Copy Code for Website!