Pop-ups are a great, interactive tool that Sendlane offers to turn users who visit your website into contacts in your mailing list!
Here we'll cover:
Before Getting Started
Be sure you have created a list inside of your Sendlane account, so you have a destination for your pop-ups to place your new leads and contacts!
Different Types of Pop-ups
Sendlane offers three different types of pop-ups:
|Inline||This pop-ups can be directly added to your website. It will be placed where ever you decided when adding the code.|
|Popup||This form will popup after a user has been viewing the page for a certain amount of time.|
|Banner||This pop-up is fixed to either the top or the bottom of the page. It will scroll with the user as they navigate your website.|
Creating a Pop-up
- From your Sendlane dashboard, navigate to the Pop-up menu
- Click on New Pop-up
- Next, select the type of form you'd like to use and click Next
- Name your new pop-up (this is just for your own records, visitors will not see the name you enter here) and choose either single or double opt-in settings
- Next, you can use the sidebar options to start customizing your pop-up:
Single opt-in will add contacts directly to your Sendlane account. Double opt-in will first send a confirmation email that contacts will need to open and click through before they are added to your Sendlane account.
- With the Content toolbar, you're able to add new elements, fields and even add custom fields
- The Style toolbar allows you to make style adjustments to the pop-up, like adding images, changing colors, and more
- You'll see Position toolbar for both pop-up and banner-style forms, where you can specify the placement of your pop-up on the page
If you are using images for your Logo be sure to use either .png or .gif files.
Once you're done designing, click Next
Your completed pop-up is ready to be installed on your website!
Installing a Pop-up
To install a published pop-up, you have a few options:
Copy and paste the code right before the closing </body> tag for any page you'd like the pop-up to show
Send to your developer so they can install the code for you. They'll receive an email with the subject line "Sendlane Form Code"
You need to have access to the HTML code of your website to install the pop-up.
Creating a Pop-up: Pop-ups → New Pop-up → Select Pop-up Type → Name and Select opt-in → Build From → Build Success Page → Select List → Publish → Copy Code for Website!