How to Use Beacon with Shopify
Sendlane's Beacon is a great tool to use directly on your Shopify Store!
In this article we'll go over:
🚦 Before Getting Started
- Have admin access to your Shopify store
- Create Beacon events in your Sendlane account for products you'd like to track browse abandonment for
Editing themes in Shopify
First, you'll want to review how to edit the theme code within your Shopify shop.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store → Themes → Actions → DuplicateThe duplicate appears on the same Themes page, named Copy of___:
- From the same Themes tab, go to Copy of___ → Actions → Edit Code
Copy Beacon Event Code
Head to the Beacon tab of your Account page click the </> icon next to the event you'd like to insert into your Shopify store's theme, then click Copy code
Adding your Beacon Code to Shopify
Once you've copied the Beacon code, jump back into your Shopify admin panel.
- Once you login to your Shopify store, navigate to the Online Store → Themes
- In the Live Themes section, click on Actions → Edit Code
This will bring you to a page with all of the code to your Shopify store. Click on the Sections folder → 'header.liquid'
- Copy and paste your Beacon code at the top of the code section. Don't forget to Click Save, and you are all set!
Beacon is now equipped to track site visits, conversions, and events on your Shopify website and the information will be available inside of your Sendlane account, within each contact profile!
Locating code: Beacon → Events → Get Code → Copy
Adding Code to Shopify: Login to Shopify → Online Store → Themes → Action → Edit Code → Sections Folder → header.liquid → Paste → Save