How to Use Beacon with Shopify
Sendlane's Beacon is a great tool to use directly on your Shopify Store!
In this article we'll go over:
Before Getting Started
You will first need to create an event in your Sendlane account.
Also, be sure that you have admin access for your Shopify Store.
Editing themes in Shopify
First, you'll want to review how to edit the theme code within your Shopify shop.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store → Themes → Actions → DuplicateThe duplicate appears on the same Themes page, named Copy of___:
- From the same Themes tab, go to Copy of___ → Actions → Edit Code
Locating your Beacon Code
Now, it's time to grab your Beacon code from inside of Sendlane!
- From your Sendlane account, navigate to Beacon → Events
- Click Get Code next to the event you'd like to track:
- Now, Copy the event code:
Adding your Beacon Code to Shopify
Once you've copied the Beacon code, jump back into your Shopify admin panel.
- Once you login to your Shopify store, navigate to the Online Store → Themes
- In the Live Themes section, click on Actions → Edit Code
This will bring you to a page with all of the code to your Shopify store. Click on the Sections folder → 'header.liquid'
- Copy and paste your Beacon code at the top of the code section. Don't forget to Click Save, and you are all set!
Beacon is now equipped to track site visits, conversions, and events on your Shopify website and the information will be available inside of your Sendlane account, within each contact profile!
Locating code: Beacon → Events → Get Code → Copy
Adding Code to Shopify: Login to Shopify → Online Store → Themes → Action → Edit Code → Sections Folder → header.liquid → Paste → Save