How to Add or Remove Contacts From Facebook Custom Audiences
A Custom Audience is an ad targeting option that lets you find your existing audiences among people who are on Facebook.
Once your Facebook integration is set up, you're able to adjust your Facebook Custom Audiences a few different ways!
In this article you'll learn how to:
Before Getting Started
Before you're able to adjust Custom Audience members, you'll need to set up and complete your Facebook integration.
Exporting Contacts Directly From a List
Since Sendlane and Facebook have a seamless data sync, you can quickly and easily add contacts from any Sendlane list to a Facebook Custom Audience!
- Inside of Audience → Lists, open the list you'd like to import
- Click Custom Audience and select your Custom Audience from the drop down box
- Click Export to Facebook
After that, you're all set! Your contacts will be automatically synced over from Sendlane to Facebook!
Adding or Removing Contacts with an Automation
There are many different options that you can use to add a contact to your Facebook Custom Audience.
A few examples are when a contact subscribes to a certain list, has a tag added to their profile or clicks on a certain link within your email campaigns.
Once you've decided which method you will use to identify the contacts that should be added to your custom audience, simply add that step into your automation!
- Click the + sign underneath the identifying step in the automation (i.e., Tag Added, Subscribes to a List, Subscriber Activity - Clicked, etc.)
- From the menu that populates on the right, change the Integration option at the top to Facebook
- Choose whether the contact will be added or removed from a custom audience, and select the audience from the drop down menu
And that's it!
Here is an example of an automation that will add a contact to a custom audience if they have opened the Welcome email:
Facebook Custom Audiences is a feature native to Facebook Business.
If you have any specific question about Facebook Custom Audiences, please visit the Faceook Ads Help Center.
If you need any help with completing your Facebook integration or adding the custom audience option to your automation, our support team is available 24/7.
Export from a List: Audience → Lists → Open the list → Custom Audience → Select Custom Audience → Export to Facebook
Using an Automation: Automations → Add New Step into Automation → Change 'Integration' to Facebook → Choose Add or Remove to/from Custom Audience → Choose the appropriate custom audience