Senders are the sender profiles that contain business information displayed to your audience!
These details include your Sender Name, From Email Address, Reply to Email Address and the Physical Address that appear at the bottom of your emails.
You can create multiple sender profiles and have them associated with different lists, depending on your sending strategy!
In this article we'll cover how to:
Plus, we'll also share troubleshooting steps in case you run into any sender profile issues!
Before Getting Started
Be sure you've registered your own custom domain and have your custom domain email address in the From Email field to successfully create a sender profile & list.
You cannot use a free email account such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. for your From Email.
We are compliant with current data processing and privacy regulations which require all marketing emails to be sent from a paid, custom domain email address.
How to Create a Sender Profile (from your List Settings)
- Navigate to Audience → Lists.
- Click the pink New List button in the top right corner prompting a pop up showing information needed to create a new list.
- Next, you'll see a drop down for Sender, where you can select Create New Sender.
- Enter all of the necessary information on the New Sender form:
- Sender, or From Name – The name that will show as the Sender when contacts receive your emails. Use a name that your audience will recognize, so they are more likely to open your email.
- Company – The company name that will show at the bottom signature of your email.
- From Email – Fill in an email your audience will recognize, using a custom domain email.
- Reply To Email – The email where any replies from contacts will be sent.
- Address – The CAN-SPAM Act requires a valid physical postal address to be displayed in all marketing emails. Enter your postal address here; you can use a P.O. Box if you prefer.
- When you're done entering those details, click Confirm to finish creating your sender profile then click the pink Create button to finalize and save everything.
Once you do so, your new Sender Profile will be saved and ready to use!
Creating a Sender Profile (from the Audience menu)
You can also create or edit a Sender Profile by heading to Audience → Senders within the Navigation bar on the left.
Just click the pink New Sender Profile button in the top right corner to get started and follow the same steps as above to complete the process!
Editing or Deleting a Sender Profile
To edit an existing Sender Profile, head over to Audience → Senders
Then, click Edit Profile next to the one you'd like to change, and make the desired edits!
To delete an existing Sender Profile, click the three dots next to "Edit Profile" and choose Delete
Changing the Sender Profile for a List
Your sender profiles are tied directly to each of your lists.
To change the sender profile that your campaigns are being sent from, head over to Audience → Lists and click Settings next to the list
Then, choose the Sender Profile you'd like to use from the dropdown menu and click Update to finalize your changes!
Not Accepting 'From Email'
If the New Sender Profile window is not accepting your From Email address, please be sure you are using a valid custom domain email address. Free email addresses such as Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail cannot be used. If you are not using a free email, please be sure there are no spaces added accidentally before or after the email address. If you are still experiencing trouble, completely delete the line and re-enter your email address.
Emails Sent with Incorrect Sender Information
If you notice that your emails are sending with the incorrect Sender Name or From Email, please first check that the correct sender profile is associated with the list that you are sending to. You can do so by navigating to Audience → Lists and then click Settings next to the appropriate list. If the correct Sender Profile is selected, please reach out to our Support Team.
Creating a Sender Profile in List Settings: Audience → Lists → New List → Sender drop-down → Create New Sender
Creating a Sender Profile in Account Settings: Audience → Senders → New Sender Profile
Editing a Sender Profile: Audience → Senders → Edit Profile
Deleting a Sender Profile: Audience → Senders → Click "..." → Delete
Changing a Sender Profile for a List: Audience→ Lists → Settings