How to Retarget Shopify Browse Abandoners
Browse abandonment, also known as "product viewed" or "product abandoned," allows you to send messages to Contacts who have viewed specified products on your store's website and left without completing a purchase.
Read on to learn how to set up the perfect browse abandonment Automation for your Shopify store!
🚦 Before Getting Started
Install Beacon general tracking
Follow the instructions below to set up a browse abandonment Automation and start winning back revenue from products viewed!
Create a new Automation, then click Add Trigger > Shopify > Abandoned Product Viewed, then configure your trigger options:
- Store Select the applicable Shopify store
- Limit Per Subscriber Select a limit for the Automation
- No Limit The Automation will trigger for all Contacts who meet the trigger criteria
- Do not trigger when already in Automation The Automation will trigger only for Contacts who meet the trigger criteria and are not already being sent through the Automation
- Once Per Day The Automation will trigger for all Contacts who meet the criteria one time in a 24 hour period, even if Contacts meet the trigger criteria more than once during the 24 hour period.
- One Time Only The Automation will trigger one time for Contacts who meet the trigger criteria and will not trigger again, even if Contacts meet the trigger criteria again.
- Consider Abandoned After Select a length of time the Automation should wait to send an email after the Contact has viewed a product.
- For Products All products are selected by default. To only include specified products, move products from the Available box to the Selected box.
Add an Abandoned Product Viewed Trigger
Yes, you read that right! The Shopify Abandoned Cart element also pulls abandoned products viewed when used with a browse abandonment Automation trigger.
Add an email node by clicking the + button > Send Message > Email
Include a Shopify Abandoned Cart element in your email by dragging the element into the email body:
Add an Email Node with a Shopify Abandoned Cart Element
When you're satisfied with your browse abandonment email, activate your Automation by clicking Active in the top right corner of the Automation builder!