Creating a List
Your List is the most important tool within your Sendlane account, where all of your Contacts live.
Please Note: When creating a Sender Profile and filling out the 'From Email' field, you cannot use a free email address like Gmail/Yahoo/etc. There was a recent change in what emails can be used when sending out emails using Automation Funnels and Broadcast Emails. We are complying with DMARC’s latest standard. Trying to use a free email account will result in deliverability issues which is why we do not allow those email addresses when creating a List
You will need to register your own custom domain and use that custom domain email in the 'From Email' field to successfully create a Sender Profile for your list. You can register a domain with GoDaddy, NameCheap, or any domain service provider of your choice.
How to Create a List
From your Sendlane dashboard, navigate to the 'Audience' tab in the navigation bar to the left, and then select 'Lists'. Next, select the pink 'New List' button located in the upper right-hand corner (or center of the screen if this is your first list).
You will then be prompted to input the following information:
- Name of the List – Name your list for reference here.
- Sender Profile – Select the Sender Profile you would like to be associated with this list. Click here to learn how to create a new Sender Profile.
- Subscription Reminder – We suggest filling this section with information about how the contact’s email was obtained for the list. Remind people how or why they are receiving this communication.
After filling out all the required fields, select the pink 'Create' button and you will have your newly created list.
Manually Adding Contacts to a List
The steps here will guide you on how to manually add contacts individually to a list.
Start by logging into your Sendlane dashboard and navigating to the 'Audience' tab in the navigation bar to the left, and then select 'Lists'. From here you will click the 'Add a Contact' button on the specific list you would like to add this contact to.
3. There will be a few options for you to choose from:
- Quick Add – This will allow you to simply input the contacts email address, first and last name along with any Tags that you would like to use.
- Contact Sync – This feature syncs your list with an account you may have with another service such as MailChip or Active Campaign.
- Copy & Paste – This area will be utilized to input more than one contact at a time using commas to separate the contact information. Example: lastname, firstname, emailaddress.
After filling out all the required fields, select the pink 'Create' button. You will then be brought back to the Lists area of your account.
Please Note: Contacts added manually will not receive a confirmation email for opting in, and will not have an opt-in IP Address or Date in your records.
Manually Unsubscribing a Contact From a List
The steps here will guide you on how to manually unsubscribe a contact individually from a list.
Start by logging into your Sendlane dashboard and navigating to the 'Audience' tab in the navigation bar to the left, and then select 'Lists'.
From here you will click the title of the list and locate the email address you are looking to unsubscribe. By clicking the drop-down arrow next to ‘View Profile' you will be given the option to unsubscribe this contact. You will be prompted to confirm your Unsubscription of this contact by clicking the pink 'Unsubscribe' button.