How to Retarget Browse Abandoners with Product Recommendations
Website tracking is one of the very best ways to gather data about the behavior of your audience. By tracking the behavior of site visitors, you can easily trigger an Automation to follow up with every contact via email, and encourage them to convert!
🚦 Before Getting Started
🙋 How Does the Beacon Pixel Work?
Sendlane’s Beacon tracking pixel collects information about your Contacts' pageview and purchase activity. For the pixel to begin tracking, the viewer must opt into your marketing emails and then open an email from you. The Beacon tracking pixel cannot identify anonymous viewers.
Once tracking begins, please allow up to 24 hours for reporting to populate accurately
Head to the Beacon tab of your Account page, click Create Event > Enter a Name and Description > Save > Code icon > Copy Code. Paste the script into the header of any page you want to use to trigger your Automation
Create Site Tracking Events for Product Pages
Add an email node to your Automation, then in the Content tab of the email builder, click or drag an abandoned cart block where you'd like your product information to appear. Only one abandoned cart block is allowed per email.
Continue building your Automation by adding other actions and communications. Depending on your marketing goals and objectives are, we recommend sending three emails over the next three days to encourage contacts to come back and visit your website!
Create an Automation
Add a Goal node at the end of your Automation to check whether Contacts made a purchase in your store:
- Goal Name Enter a descriptive name for your Goal
- Conditions Select conditions to trigger your Goal
- Go to this action if goal is reached Select a step in your Automation to send Contacts to when they meet your Goal's conditions
- If goal is not met Select an option for Contacts who have not met your Goal
- Continue means the Contact will proceed to the next node in the Automation
- Wait means the Contact will wait at this step indefinitely until the goal is reached
- End means the Goal will keep checking for met conditions until the max time has passed
- Max time to check for conditions Select a length of time to check for conditions
Once you have completed your Automation, be sure to activate it!
Create a Goal
My Automation is not sending to customers who have viewed my product!
Customers will only receive browse abandonment emails from your store after:
- They have opted into marketing emails from you, AND
- They have clicked on a link in a marketing email from you
If your customer has opted in and clicked on at least one link, and there is a Beacon event set up for the product that was viewed, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or our 24/7 Product Support team for further troubleshooting assistance.
The abandoned cart block isn't available!
The abandoned cart block may not appear in your elements sidebar for two common reasons:
- Your eCommerce integration is not set up correctly. Review your eCommerce store's integration with Sendlane for possible connection issues.
- You already added an abandoned cart block to your email. Only one abandoned cart block is allowed per email.