How Do You Add Contacts to a List?
An important part of getting started with your email marketing is building your list of contacts. Within our platform, there are five different ways you can build your list of contacts. Before you begin adding contacts, make sure you have created a List for them to be put into.
Please Note: We suggest using Chrome or Firefox while using Sendlane, using an alternate browser may cause issues while viewing the Integrations tab.
Importing a List or Manually Adding a Contact
- Head to Audience → List and select the list that you are wanting to add contacts to.
- From within the list select either Add a Contact or Import.
- Here you will have multiple options for adding contacts.
- Quick Add - Quickly add a single contact's information to your list using areas for Email, First and Last name, and any Tags that you would like to add to this contact
- Contact Sync - This allows you to directly connect to Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign to bring over your contacts
- Tools - Here you can either import a .CSV or . TXT file. This area also allows you to use the copy paste method - if using this method, make sure to include commas between each piece of information for the contact and place each contact on their own line.
Please Note: Sendlane is a permission-based platform. Each contact you add to your list must have provided consent prior to being added and receiving emails from you.
Creating a Webform
If you have your own website and just need the form for your contacts to opt into, we have a Subscription Webform builder. This allows you to add custom fields and making the form unique to your business and generates code for you to plug into your own webpage. You can find the subscription webform builder within the Forms tab.
Integrating for Contacts
Sendlane offers 100’s of integration options with other platforms, both native and outsourced. If you’re already using another platform, we can likely utilize it to work with us. You can find the platforms we integrate with under the Integrations tab of your Sendlane account.
Head to the Integrations tab for a full list of integrations. Click on any one of them for information on how to Integrate!
Using API Calls
For our more advanced users, we have created an index of API calls to directly send contact information from your website or platform to ours.
Audience → List → Add Contact or Import → Create single contact/ Sync with another platform/ import file/ copy & paste → Create
Forms → New Webform → Integration with Website
API Calls - API calls