CAN-SPAM Act and Sendlane
Sendlane is fully compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act (aka Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003).
This act is enforced by the Federal Trade Commission and establishes rules and requirements for any "electronic mail messages" sent for the purpose of advertising or promotion of a commercial product or service.
Basically, it outlines what qualifies as "spammy, misleading or deceptive", gives all recipients the right to have anyone stop emailing them, and spells out the penalties for violating these rules.
You can learn more about the CAN-SPAM Act and its specifics by visiting the CAN-SPAM Act website.
How Sendlane is in Compliance
Our Terms of Service require that all Sendlane users abide by all CAN-SPAM requirements including:
- Don’t use false or misleading header information
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines
- Identify the message as an ad
- Tell contacts where you are located (Your message must include your valid physical postal address in your Sender information)
- Tell your contacts how to opt-out of receiving future email from you
- Honor opt-out requests promptly
- Monitor what others are doing on your behalf (For example, if you hire an outside company to handle your email marketing for you, you need to be sure they are adhering by these requirements)
We also have a dedicated Compliance and Fraud Team that monitors all sending on our platform and helps enforce these important rules.
Have Questions or Concerns?
For more information on your responsibilities as a sender, you can visit the CAN-SPAM Act website or reach out to our support team.
To request assistance as a recipient please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're having trouble with a specific sender, please forward a copy of the message you received so we can investigate.
Additional Sendlane Resources
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes rules and requirements for any "electronic mail messages" sent for the purpose of advertising or promotion of a commercial product or service. Sendlane is fully CAN-SPAM compliant.