SMS, or Short Message Service, is a great new way to stay connected with your contacts. Easily design and create hyper-personalized SMS messages based on actions and behaviors to deploy the right message, to the right contact, at the right time!
Before Getting Started
SMS Marketing is available with the Marketing Automation Pro subscription plan and above.
You will also need to collect your contact's phone number prior to sending any SMS messages. You can either create a Popup Form in Sendlane, or use a platform that we integrate with such as Convertful to collect phone numbers from your contacts.
- From your Sendlane dashboard, click on Account followed by Billing
- Click Upgrade located in the top right corner.
- This will bring you to the page that has all of the subscriptions that Sendlane offers. At the bottom of this page, there will be an option to Activate your SMS feature.
There is an additional $10 fee for using the SMS feature, as well as a fee to purchase Credits. Credits are the number of texts that you can send a month.
You will then be asked to select a phone number that will appear to your contacts when they receive texts from you.
Once you have chosen a number, you will need to confirm the additional $10 that will be added to your subscription.
After agreeing to the additional $10, you will be brought back to the upgrade page. At the bottom, there will be an option to add credits to your account. Credits are the number of texts that you are allowed to send over the course of the month. Credit prices vary based on the amount of texts that you will send.
You're all set! You can now use SMS in your automations to send to your contacts.
Creating an Automation Using SMS
- From your Sendlane dashboard, click on Automations
- Click on New Automation in the top right. To learn more about Automations, check out our Automation help document
- Select the start from scratch option
- Select an appropriate trigger to begin your automation. In this example, we will use subscribes to list.
- Next, you will select send message followed by SMS
- Once the action has been added, you will be able to create the body of your SMS message on the right side of the editor
You're all set! Once the automation is triggered, the SMS message will be delivered to the contacts phone.
Activating SMS: Account → Billing → Activate SMS → Create Phone Number
Creating an Automation Using SMS: Automation → Start from scratch → select trigger → Click send message → Select SMS → Create Message → Save and Activate automation