How to Activate SMS
Sendlane's flexible SMS packages allow you to add SMS marketing to your existing email marketing strategy quickly and seamlessly! Our SMS packages include:
- Usage-Based Pricing No monthly billing charges! You'll only pay for sending credits with no additional fees
- No Credit Expiration Your SMS sending credits never expire!
🚨 Important Notes
- SMS messaging is only available to phone numbers located in the United States or Canada.
- SMS Activation requires an active and paid email plan and a valid credit card, but you can try Sendlane's SMS functionality risk-free with 50 free sending credits! Select the 50 credit plan on the Billing page to get started with no ongoing commitment.
To get started with SMS, head to the Billing page by clicking Account Settings > Billing > Set Up SMS
Select a package based on credit size and review the Charge Amount below the dropdown to see what your recurring payment will be each time your credits hit 0.
The number of credits used per Campaign or Automation SMS depends on the content of the message and the number of Contacts the message is sent to. Review our guide to SMS Content for details!
Click Add to SMS Plan to save your plan!
The SMS Settings window will open when you've chosen your plan.
Enter the business name that will appear at the beginning of your SMS messages in the Business Name field. This name will apply to your message's character limit.
Enter a descriptive and relevant subdomain in the Subdomain field. This subdomain is used in tracking links and SMS data collection. To preserve data integrity, subdomains cannot be edited once they are saved.
Click Finish SMS Setup to save your settings and start sending!
Additional SMS Resources
Check out the Sendlane Marketing Journal for tips, tricks, and best practices for SMS Marketing:
- How SMS Marketing Can Help Your Business Thrive
- The New Sendlane SMS/MMS Marketing (+ 8 Best Practices)
- 8 SMS Marketing Benefits & Tips
- Six Effortless Ways to Grow Your SMS Marketing List
- 9 Best Practices for Writing Effective SMS Campaigns
- 11 Easy Ways to Make Your SMS Marketing More Powerful
- 3 Automated SMS Texts Every eCommerce Store Should Send