Suppression is basically the "do not send" part of your audience. This is where any contacts are moved if they request to be unsubscribed from all of your communications.
This is a great tool to help keep your sender reputation up and maintain your delivery, because Suppression prevents messages from being sent to any contacts that don't want to receive your emails.
Within Sendlane, you have the ability to remove contacts from
- a specific list aka List Suppression
- your entire account aka Global Suppression
Either way, suppression prevents these contacts from being re-added to your list (or account) in the future.
Before Getting Started
First, collect the email or list that you would like to add to your suppression list.
Next, determine if they should be added to suppression for a specific list, or your entire account.
Once a contact has been added to Suppression, they cannot be moved or removed, so please be sure you know exactly where you're needing to add them!
Uploading to Suppression
- From your Dashboard, click on Audience → Suppression
- Click on Import
- In the Tools menu, Choose Copy + Paste if you have a single contact, or short list to enter or Import if you have a file to upload.
- Before adding or importing any contacts into the pop-up, make sure to click on the List dropdown and either choose Global or specify a single list
- Click on Import Contacts to finalize, and you're all set!
Once your contacts are added to suppression, they'll be blocked from receiving messages accordingly!
After adding contacts, your suppression list will be sent over to our Compliance Team for review. This is done to help avoid any possible confusion with adding contacts to your account!
If you ever need to see if a member of your audience was added to Suppression, you can search for specific contacts with the search bar at the top right of your Suppression page!
Add Single Contact to Suppression: Suppression → Import → Copy + Paste → Paste Email → Import Contacts
Add Entire List to Suppression: Suppression → Import → Drag and Drop file → Import Contacts