How to Use Pop-ups with WordPress
Sendlane's intelligent pop-ups are a great tool to use directly on your WordPress website!
In this article we'll go over:
Before Getting Started
You will first need to create a pop-up in your Sendlane account.
Also, be sure that you have admin access for your self-hosted WordPress site.
We recommend creating a Banner type pop-up form, as this form will be shown on every page of your WordPress site.
Having a Pop-up or Inline form on every page may be distracting for your website's visitors.
Installing the Plugin into WordPress
First, we are going to install a plugin called "Insert Headers and Footers" into your WordPress account. This plugin allows you to easily paste your Pop-up code into your website's header.
- Go to the Insert Headers and Footers plugin page and download the plugin's zip file by clicking the download button on the right.
- Login to your WordPress website and hover over Plugins and click Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top
- Click Choose File and select the Zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click Install Now
- You will be notified that the Plugin has been installed successfully. Make sure to click Activate Plugin and your plugin will be ready to use!
Locating the Code for your Pop-up
Once your plugin is activated, it's time to grab your pop-up code from inside of Sendlane!
- Navigate to Pop-ups using the left side navigation bar from your Sendlane dashboard.
- Click on the three dots next to the pop-up form that you would like to add to your WordPress site. From the dropdown selection, click Get Code
- On the next screen, copy the pop-up code you see because you're going to paste that into your WordPress website!
Adding your Pop-up Code to WordPress
Once you've copied the pop-up code, jump back into your Wordpress admin panel.
- Hover over Settings and click Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste your Pop-up code into the Scripts in Header section, click save and you are all set!
Your pop-up can now be seen on your WordPress website!
Locating code: Pop-ups → Click "..." next to pop-up → Get Code → Copy
Installing WordPress Plugin: Download Plugin → Login to WordPress → Plugins → Add new → Install → Activate
Adding Code to WordPress: Login to WordPress → Settings → Insert Headers and Footers → Paste code into Headers → Save