How to Use Beacon with WordPress
Sendlane's Beacon is a great tool to use directly on your WordPress website!
In this article we'll go over:
Before Getting Started
You will first need to create an event in your Sendlane account.
Also, be sure that you have admin access for your self-hosted WordPress site.
Installing the Plugin into WordPress
First, we are going to install a plugin called Insert Headers and Footers into your WordPress account. This plugin allows you to easily paste the Beacon tracking code into your website's header.
- Go to the Insert Headers and Footers plugin page and download the plugin's zip file by clicking the download button on the right.
- Login to your WordPress website and hover over Plugins and click Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top
- Click Choose File and select the Zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click Install Now
- You will be notified that the Plugin has been installed successfully. Make sure to click Activate Plugin and your plugin will be ready to use!
Locating the Code for your Beacon
Once your plugin is activated, it's time to grab your Beacon code from inside of Sendlane!
- From the Beacon menu navigate to the Events tab
- Click Get Code next to the event you'd like to track
- On the next screen, copy the event code you see because we're going to paste that into your WordPress website
Adding your Beacon Code to WordPress
Once you've copied the Beacon code, jump back into your Wordpress admin panel.
- Hover over Settings and click Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste your Beacon code into the Scripts in Header section, click Save and you are all set!
Beacon is now equipped to track site visits, conversations and events on yourWordPress website, and the information will be available inside of your Sendlane account, within each contact profile!
Installing WordPress Plugin: Download Plugin → Login to WordPress → Plugins → Add new → Install → Activate
Locating code: Beacon → Events → Get Code → Copy
Adding Code to WordPress: Login to WordPress → Settings → Insert Headers and Footers → Paste code into Headers → Save