Email Reporting Breakdown
Reading and understanding what the report breakdown means for each campaign and automation email is a very powerful tool. The reporting numbers you see can show you what email works best, what time to send to your contacts, and which links are more likely to get clicked.
Before Getting Started
You will need to send out at least one email, either a campaign or an automated email, to begin recording your reporting data.
Allow 24 hours to pass before fully reviewing your reporting data. This will allow the audience that you are emailing plenty of time to engage in your email and the numbers will be more accurate.
How to Locate Campaign Reports
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab from your Sendlane dashboard.
- Next to a completed campaign, there will be a View Report button, click this.
- You will then be brought to your report page for a specific campaign!
How to Locate Automation Reports
- Navigate to the Automations tab from your Sendlane Dashboard.
- Click on the specific automation that you would like to review.
- One you have opened the specific automation, click on the email that you would like to see reporting for.
- A new toolbar will appear on the right side of your screen. Click on Deep Reporting.
You will now be brought to your report page for this specific email!
Understanding Reporting Data
- Total/Unique Engagements – A Pie chart which breaks down the number of unique and total opens/clicks from your email, as well as unsubscribes and spam complaints.
- Revenue & Engagements – A daily/monthly/weekly graph of opens, clicks, and revenue generated from your campaign. The bars in the this graph show the number of opens(light purple) and clicks(dark purple). While the line demonstrate revenue made per day. Hover over a specific day to see exact numbers for that day.
- Preview – On the far right of your reports you will see a snippet of your email content. You can click this to see a full preview of your campaign.
- Conversions – If applicable, the bottom left of your campaign will list out each conversion generated from your email and the dollar amount of each purchase.
- Events – A list of triggered Custom Events, and how often each one was triggered, can be found here.
- Links Clicked/Email Clients – Shows which links were clicked most in your emails, and how many times they were clicked.