Email Reporting Breakdown
Reading and understanding what the report breakdown means for each campaign and automation email is a very powerful tool. The reporting numbers you see can show you what email works best, what time to send to your contacts, and which links are more likely to get clicked.
In this article we'll cover:
Before Getting Started
You will need to send out at least one email, either a campaign or an automated email, to begin recording your reporting data.
Email delivery times vary for each unique user based on their ESP, so we always recommend waiting 24 hours before checking your reporting data.
After 24 hours, the reporting data will be more accurate because it allows for any variance with deliverability, and also gives contacts plenty of time to engage with your emails!
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab and next to any completed campaign, click View Report
This will take you to the reporting and preview area of this specific campaign!
- Navigate to the Automations tab and click on the specific automation that you would like to review
- One you have opened the specific automation, click on the email that you would like to see reporting for
- In the toolbar to the right click on View Report
This will take you to the reporting and preview area of this specific automation email!
Understanding Reporting Data
For every email you send, our tracking system will compile data on:
- Opens - Total number of opens
- Clicks - Total number of clicks based on opens
- Bounced - Total number of bounced emails
- Unsubscribed - Total number of unsubscribed contacts
- Spam - Total number of contacts who marked the emails as spam
Plus, you'll also see:
- Total/Unique Engagements – A Pie chart which breaks down the number of unique and total opens/clicks from your email, as well as unsubscribes and spam complaints.
- Revenue & Engagements – A daily/monthly/weekly graph of opens, clicks, and revenue generated from your campaign. The bars in the this graph show the number of opens(light purple) and clicks(dark purple). While the line demonstrate revenue made per day. Hover over a specific day to see exact numbers for that day.
- Preview – On the far right of your reports you will see a snippet of your email content. You can click this to see a full preview of your campaign.
- Conversions – If applicable, the bottom left of your campaign will list out each conversion generated from your email and the dollar amount of each purchase.
- Events – A list of triggered Custom Events, and how often each one was triggered, can be found here.
- Links Clicked/Email Clients – Shows which links were clicked most in your emails, and how many times they were clicked.
- Top Four Metrics All Email Marketers Should Be Tracking-- episode of Email Marketing Insider Youtube series