Email Reporting Breakdown
The data in Campaign and Automation reports show which emails have performed best, what time of day received the most opens, and which links got the most clicks.
With our new reporting update, you can now view your email performance data in a single place. You can track domain performance, clicks, open rate, deliverability, and more for campaigns and automations.
In this article we'll cover:
Before Getting Started
You will need to send out at least one email, either a campaign or an automated email, to begin recording your reporting data.
Email delivery times vary for each unique user based on their ESP, so we always recommend waiting 24 hours before checking your reporting data.
After 24 hours, the reporting data will be more accurate because it allows for any variance with deliverability, and also gives contacts plenty of time to engage with your emails!
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab and next to any completed campaign, click View Report
This will take you to the reporting and preview area of this specific campaign!
- Navigate to the Automations tab and click on the specific automation that you would like to review
- One you have opened the specific automation, click on the email that you would like to see reporting for
- In the toolbar to the right click on View Report
This will take you to the reporting and preview area of this specific automation email!
Email Reporting Overview
For each campaign, the following data will be compiled:
- Sent - emails that were successfully sent out from the Sendlane platform
- Open - total number of opens. Total opens refers to how many opens overall you had, counting multiple opens by the same contact. Unique opens refers to how many opens occurred by different contacts
- Clicks - total number of clicks based on opens
- Revenue - the total amount of income from orders resulting from the email
- Deliverability - how many emails were able to be inboxed by contacts. A bounced email means the email was rejected from the receiving server, either due to a full inbox, overloaded server, or an inactive email account. This also shows you the number of spam complaints and unsubscribers from your email
- Total - total revenue from the email, as well as total number of orders
- Revenue - average revenue per subscriber order
- Orders - order data from last 7 days
- Products - total number of products sold. This will also show your 5 top-selling products
- Total clicks - the total number of clicks from your email, including multiple clicks from the same contact.
- Unique clicks - clicks occurring from individual, unique contacts
The tracking summary shows contact engagement with tracked links, website visits, or conversions.
- Total views - total number of website views, including multiple visits and views by the same individual
- Unique views - Views by unique (or different) visitors
- Link Tracking Details - Where to view link activity tracked in Beacon
Domain & Device Summary
The tracking shows sent, open, click, and bounce rates based on domains email service providers and devices, like mobile, desktop, or tablet views.
For every email you send, our tracking system will compile additional data on:
- Didn't Open - sends that were not opened
- Bounced - number of undeliverable emails (this can be due to a variety of reasons)
- Suppression - emails that have been added to Suppression
- Unsubscribed - emails of contacts which unsubscribed
- Spam - contacts who marked the emails as spam
- Events - a list of triggered contacts who triggered and event