How to Integrate WooCommerce and Sendlane
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress.
Integrating Sendlane and WooCommerce allows you to automatically sync customers to Sendlane so you can stay in touch via targeted email campaigns and automation funnels!
Before Getting Started
Prior to connecting with Sendlane, you'll need an active WooCommerce account.
Last (but not least) be sure you have created a list inside of your Sendlane account so WooCommerce knows where to place your new leads and contacts!
Connecting WooCommerce and Sendlane
- From your WordPress website, click into Settings and find the Permalink section
- Update both the Common Settings and Product Permalink from Default to Custom
- Make sure Custom Structure isn't blank (the choice isn't important, this field just can't be blank)
- Update Custom Base to product/
- Click Save Changes
- Next, navigate to the Admin section, and locate WooCommerce
- Click on Settings under WooCommerce
Once in the settings, Click on Advanced
Locate the and click REST API
Click on Add Key
From here, you will enter the name of the key. Select yourself as the user if it is not already there for you, followed by Read/Write for the Permissions.
Permissions will need to be Read/Write in order for the integration to work properly
The next page you will see will include your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Do Not leave this page
Once you leave this page, you cannot retrieve these keys again. If you do leave this page before adding the keys to Sendlane, you will need to create a new API Key by repeating steps 1-5.
In a different window, login to Sendlane.
Navigate to the Integrations tab, locate WooCommerce, and click on configure.
In the top right, click on Connect Integration.
Begin filling out the information that the pop-up asks for.
The store URL needs to include the "https://" in order for the integration to work properly.
Return to your Woocommerce admin page to retrieve the Consumer Key (this is your REST API Key) and your Consumer Secret (this is your REST API Secret).
Select a default list. This is the list your existing contacts will be added to, and where new contacts will be added after completing a purchase in your store.
- You'll see the integration status as Initializing first, then Syncing as the data starts to transfer - please give the system just a bit of time to process here, then once the status updates to Installed you're all set!
Your integration is now complete!
WooCommerce customer data from the last 90 days will now be available in Sendlane, and any new leads or customers will automatically be synced over as well, enabling you to develop targeted Campaigns and Automations for your WooCommerce audience!
Now that you've fully integrated WooCommerce and Sendlane, we recommend setting up an automation to retarget anyone who exits your WooCommerce store before completing their purchase!
Click here to set up an abandoned cart automation that sends automated emails directly to contacts who abandon their shopping cart.
If you have any other issues connecting your Sendlane and WooCommerce accounts, our support team is available 24/7. Plus, the WooCommerce team is just a few clicks away!
Additional WooCommerce Resources
Additional Sendlane Resources
- Introducing Deep-Date for WooCommerce!
- Tip of the Week: How to Retarget WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Customers & Recover Lost Sales
Log in to WordPress admin → WooCommerce → Add Key → Name Key and select Read/Write → In a new window, login to Sendlane → Integration → WooCommerce → Connect integration → Enter API and Secret Key → Continue