How to Integrate ClickBank and Sendlane
ClickBank is an eCommerce marketplace that empowers businesses to sell products worldwide, both themselves and with the help of affiliates!
The integration with Sendlane allows you to sync contact information over so you can continue connecting with customers, send automated emails to encourage future purchases and target cart abandoners to capture lost sales!
In this article we'll cover:
- Steps to take before integrating ClickBank and Sendlane
- Connecting ClickBank and Sendlane
- Enabling Abandoned Cart
Plus, we'll also cover some helpful resources and ways to troubleshoot if you have any trouble during the process!
Before Getting Started
Prior to connecting with Sendlane, you'll need an active ClickBank seller account with master access and you'll need to make sure that your Sendlane account is set up with single-opt in access (contact our 24/7 support team to set this up!)
Affiliate and sub-user accounts cannot be integrated due to limited permissions within ClickBank so be sure you're connecting a seller account with master access.
Be sure you also have two lists created in your Sendlane account, one for customers and one for abandoned carts, so ClickBank knows where to place your new customers and cart abandoners!
Last (but not least) there are several pieces of information you'll need to know from your ClickBank account, including your Clerk API Key and Developer API Key:
Clerk API Key: ClickBank account → Users → User Management page:
- Find the main clerk (user) listing and click Manage Permissions
- From the Permissions page, scroll down and be sure every permission is selected
- Once you've confirmed that all permissions are selected, copy the API Key (aka the Clerk API Key) at the top of the permissions page and then click Save
The user that you choose to use for the API Key needs to have each permission enabled. This is to properly sync the orders and products from your Clickbank account to Sendlane.
Developer API Key: ClickBank account → Store Admin → Account Settings
- On the Account Settings page, scroll down to the bottom to locate the Developer API Keys section and click Edit
- Create a new Developer Key and add a description
- Click Save to finalize your changes and then copy your Developer Key
Be sure to hit Save when prompted. The integration will not connect properly if Save is not clicked at each step within ClickBank.
Connecting ClickBank and Sendlane
Once you've grabbed all of the basic info from your ClickBank account, it's time to get started integrating!
- Inside of your Sendlane account, navigate to the Integrations tab, find ClickBank and click Connect Integration
- In the pop-up window, enter in the name of your ClickBank store, and then paste in the Clerk API Key, and Developer API Key you copied from ClickBank
When naming your Clickbank integration, be sure to enter the exact name of your store. If you enter in a pseudonym, or another nickname, the connection process will fail.
- Specify the default list for purchasers, and any other lists you'd like to add contacts to using rules, then click Continue to begin syncing product and order details
- Navigate back to your ClickBank account and click on Vendor Settings
- On the My Site tab, scroll down until you see the Advanced Tools section, then click Edit
- As the Advanced Tool Editor opens, determine whether you need to copy over the Secret Key:
- If you already have other platforms connected to your ClickBank account, copy the Secret Key here
- If Sendlane is the first platform you're connecting, you can move on without copying anything.
One Secret Key applies to all integrations inside of ClickBank.
- Head back into Sendlane where your Clickbank integration is currently syncing and click on Manage
- Your ClickBank integration settings will appear. If you copied your ClickBank Secret Key in Step 6, paste it into the Secret Key field now and ignore the Secret Key portion of the next step. If not, move on to the next step entirely! Click save after entering your information.
- Navigate back to your Advanced Tool Editor in your ClickBank account. Paste in the Instant Notification URL (and Secret Key if applicable) from Sendlane. Once you have entered this information click Save Changes.
Be sure to hit Save within the ClickBank Site Settings as well as Save Changes once you have entered the information in the Advanced Tool Editor. The integration will not connect properly if Save is not clicked at each step within ClickBank.
- Once you’ve successfully saved your changes, make sure you return to the Advanced Tools Editor and click on the Test IPN button next to the Instant Notification URL you just entered.
- Check to be sure the button next to your Instant Notification URL changes to Verified and save your changes.
The integration will not connect properly if the IPN is not verified so don't skip this step!
Your integration is now complete! Customers will now be added directly to your Sendlane account!
Next Steps: Using ClickBank Abandoned Cart
- Log in to your ClickBank account.
- Inside your ClickBank account, click the Vendor Settings tab.
3.Click My Features
4. Scroll to the Vendor Enabled section and click the "Enabled" checkbox for Cart Abandonment.
Your ClickBank account is now enabled to send abandoned cart emails through this integration! For more information on creating abandoned cart emails, check out our document, Building the Perfect Abandoned Cart Email.
Response Code 422
If you are seeing a response code 422 after testing, there is an unsaved step in your integration. Please review all steps, making sure to save at every opportunity. Take extra care to copy and then save your IPN in Sendlane before proceeding to Clickbank to save and then test.
The integration is connected in Sendlane, but data isn't being passed
Please be sure you've clicked Save in every step on the ClickBank side, and have fully tested and verified your Instant Notification URL. The integration will fail if these pieces aren't fully done!
I do not see my ClickBank customers within Sendlane
If you just completed the integration process, it will take some time for all of that information to sync over. If you visit the ClickBank integration page within your Sendlane account and see that the status still shows Initializing or Syncing, some information or actions may not be available yet.
Additional Sendlane Resources
Please reach out to our Support Team with any questions regarding your integration. If you need to get in touch with the ClickBank team, they're just a few clicks away!
Additional ClickBank Resources
- Visit ClickBank's knowledge base
- Contact ClickBank's support team
- How to Generate ClickBank API Keys
Integration (Clickbank): Login to Clickbank → User management → Manage permissions → Click all permissions → Copy Clerk API key → Save → Go to store → Account settings → Edit Dev key → Add description → Save
Integration (in Sendlane): Open integrations → Enter ClickBank name, Clerk and Dev API Key → Choose default list → Login to Clickbank→ Vendor Settings → My Site → Advanced Tools → Login to Sendlane in a new window → Integrations → ClickBank integration → Configure → Add Secret Key and Instant URL from Sendlane to ClickBank → Save → Test pin → Save the integration in Sendlane → Save the Advanced Tools in ClickBank
Abandoned Cart (in Clickbank): Login to Clickbank → Vendor Settings → My Features → enable Cart Abandonment