How Can I Create a Contact/Subscriber List?
- How to Create a List in Sendlane
- How to Manually Add Subscribers to a List
- How to Manually Unsubscribe a User From a List
How to Create a List
The very first thing you want to create is a List. Your List is the hub of where most of the modules inside of Sendlane™ interact with.
2. Next, select the “Create New List” button located underneath the “Lists” caption.
3. You will then be prompted to fill out the following fields, to complete the list creation process
- List name – Name your list for your reference here.
- Default from name – The name that your subscribers recognize, so they are more likely to open your email.
- Default from email – Fill in an email your users will recognize, using a custom domain email.
- Default reply-to email – The email where any replies will be sent, not required
- Default Subject – This field can be left blank, it is not required. All your emails being sent to this list will default to this subject unless changed within the email.
- Enable Automatic List Hygiene – This will allow your list to be automatically cleaned you can learn more about this process here.
4. After filling out this section click “Next” you will be prompted to fill out the next section.
- Remind people how they got on your list – We suggest filling this section with information about how the subscriber’s email was added to the list.
5. After completing the Reminder section, you will need to select “Next” and enter your Contact information.
- Company – Enter your Company or Business name here.
- Address – Enter a valid address. This can be a P.O. Box that you own, if you prefer.
- Zip/Postal Code
- Phone – Enter a valid phone number.
4. After filling out all the required fields, select the green “Add” button. You will then be brought back to the “Lists” tab and will see your created list.
Please Note: When creating a list and filling out the “Default from email” field, you cannot use a free email address like gmail/yahoo/etc. There was a recent change in what emails can be used when sending out emails using autoresponders. We are complying with DMARC’s latest standard. Trying to use a free email account will result in deliverability issues which is why we do not allow those email addresses when creating a List.
You will need to register your own custom domain and use that custom domain email in the “Default from email” field to successfully create a list. You can register a domain with GoDaddy, NameCheap, or any domain service provider of your choice. You can learn more about this process here.
How to Manually Add Subscribers to a List
The following is a walkthrough of how to manually add subscribers, individually to a list. You can find a walkthrough of how to import a list of subscribers here.
1. First, navigate to the “Lists” tab and locate the list you would like to add a subscribe to.
2. Select “Add Subscriber” button, which looks like a silhouette of a person with a plus symbol.
How to Manually Unsubscribe a User from a List
The following walkthrough will direct you through the steps of unsubscribing a user from your list. You can learn more about managing your subscribers here.