Tagging a Contact
There are a few ways that you can add a Tag to a contact. Contacts can be Tagged when you add them to your List or you can Tag a contact that is already among your Lists; contacts can also be Tagged by an action within a Workflow. However, you’re going to want to have created a Tag before adding the Tag to a subscriber.
Please Note: We suggest using Chrome or Firefox while using Sendlane, using an alternate browser may cause issues while viewing the Integrations tab.
Tagging Contacts When Adding Them to a List
1. Select the Audience tab on the left side of your Dashboard
2. Then, click on the Add Contact button on the top left of the screen
3. After providing your new subscriber information you will see an area where you can click and select a Tag to add to this subscriber, you can add additional Tags by clicking and selecting them in this area too
4. Make sure to finish the new subscriber form and then press the pink Create button at the bottom of the form
Tagging Contacts Already In Your List
1. Select the ‘Audience’ tab on the left side of your Dashboard and then go to Contacts
2. Click the email address that you are adding a tag to, to view their Subscriber Profile.
3. Select the ‘pen’ button, you will find in the upper right hand of your screen, and click ‘Edit’ within the drop-down.
4. You will find an ‘Add Tag’ button under the Tags section of your subscriber. From here you can select the appropriate tag from the list, and click ‘Add Tag’.
5. Make sure to select the ‘Save’ button when finished.
Tagging a Contact Using a Link
Using a link to Tag subscribers is a great way to add a tag to your subscribers without doing so manually.
1. Start by adding a link to your text. You can do this by highlighting the preferred text, and selecting the icon below.
2. From here, you can enter the desired link into the open field.
3. To the right, there is a separate drop-down field where you can select an existing tag, or create a new tag to be added to your link.
Once the campaign is sent to your audience, and they click on a tagged link, that tag will automatically be added to their profile. This is what a contact profile will look like once a tag is added:
Tagging Contacts With an Automation
1. Select the gray plus icon
2. Go to Update Contact Property
3. Click on Add Tag / Remove Tag