How to Retarget BigCommerce Cart Abandonment with Automations
Recover potentially lost sales with Sendlane's abandoned cart Automation trigger for BigCommerce! Follow the instructions below to set up an abandoned cart Automation for your BigCommerce store.
🚦 Before Getting Started
- Check out our guides to integrating BigCommerce and Sendlane and collecting SMS consent with BigCommerce!
- Disable BigCommerce Abandoned Cart Saver if it is turned on
Create a new Automation by clicking Automations > New Automation > Start From Scratch > Enter an Automation Name > OK!
Create a New Automation
Your Automation will trigger once a customer satisfies the conditions you specify in the BigCommerce Abandoned Cart trigger. Add the trigger by clicking Add Trigger > Abandoned Cart.
- Store Select your BigCommerce store
- Limit Per Subscriber Select an optional limit on the volume of abandoned cart content Contacts receive
- Consider Abandoned After Select an amount of time to wait after a customer puts a product in their cart
Add a BigCommerce Abandoned Cart Trigger
Add an email communication node by clicking the + button > Send Message > Email > Create New Email, then check out our introduction to Automation email nodes for more information on creating your email!
Want to learn even more about what makes a great, engaging abandoned cart Automation? Check out eCommerce Academy for expert guidance on strategy and content!
🚨 Important Note
You must add the following content blocks to your email:
- BigCommerce Abandoned Cart to display the product abandoned in the Contact's cart (only one abandoned cart block is allowed per email).
- Button which will automatically fill in to link the Contact back to their cart
Add an Email Node
We recommend adding a wait node set to 24 hours after all email nodes to prevent your Contacts from receiving emails too frequently.
Add a wait node to your Automation by clicking the + button > Wait > Select a Duration and optional time of day or day of week > Done.
Your BigCommerce abandoned cart Automation is now ready to go! Make sure to activate your Automation to start it.
Add a Wait Node
- How Email Retargeting Works & 3 Strategies to Win More Sales
- 5 Abandoned Cart Emails & How to Make Them Work
- Best Subject Lines for Abandoned Cart Emails
The abandoned cart block isn't available!
The abandoned cart block may not appear in your elements sidebar for two common reasons:
- Your eCommerce integration is not set up correctly. Review your eCommerce store's integration with Sendlane for possible connection issues.
- You already added an abandoned cart block to your email. Only one abandoned cart block is allowed per email.