How to Upgrade to Miva 10 with Sendlane
Miva is an eCommerce platform you can use to build your online store with a shopping cart.
Integrating Sendlane and Miva allows you to automatically sync customers to Sendlane so you can stay in touch via targeted email campaigns and automation funnels!
In this article we'll cover:
- Uninstalling/disconnecting the old integration
- Steps to take before integrating Miva 10 and Sendlane
- Connecting Miva and Sendlane
If you haven't yet upgraded to Miva 10, we highly recommend doing so. But just in case, here's the original step-by-step integration guide for previous Miva versions.
Uninstalling/Disconnecting the Old Integration
If you had a previous version of Miva connected to Sendlane, you'll want to wipe the slate clean - uninstalling the old module entirely and removing all of the old settings that were in place. If this is your first time integrating Miva and Sendlane, you can skip ahead to the Before Getting Started section!
Start by deleting the previous integration inside of Sendlane:
Next, jump into your Miva account to uninstall the previous module:
- Click on Settings → Modules then find Sendlane in the list
- Click "..." then Uninstall
Then, delete the old Group:
- Settings → User Management → Groups and select Sendlane
- Click "..." then Delete Record(s) → Delete
Finally, delete the old API Token:
- From the Groups tab, move to API Tokens and select Sendlane
- Click "..." then Delete Record(s) → Delete
Before Getting Started
Prior to connecting Miva with Sendlane, you'll first need to download the Miva + Sendlane module.
Be sure the file is saved as sendlane.mvc. Other filenames will cause installation failures, so don't skip this step! Naming the file sendlane.mvc(1) will cause an integration error.
There are also several pieces of information you'll need to know from your Miva account, including your Store Code, Store URL, API Key (previously API Code), Access Token & Signature.
We'll dive into more specifics below, but each of these components can be found in your Miva Settings menu:
Miva Store Code: Store Settings → Store Details → Identification section → Store Code field
Miva Store URL: Domain Settings → Site Configuration section → Base URL for Graphics field
API Key: System Extension Settings → General Settings tab → Access section → API Key field
Access Token & Signature: User Management → Users page → Groups tab:
- Click Add Group
- Fill in a Name and Description (we used Sendlane so it's easy to remember) and then click Save
- Select your new Group from the list and click Privileges
- Set the privileges in every row to View and then click Close
- Under the API Tokens tab click Add API Token
- Enter a Name for the token and set the Allowed IP Address field to 0.0.0.0/0
- Make sure Signature and Timestamp are both set to Required
- Click Save
- On the API Tokens page, select the token you just created and click Groups
- Toggle the Assigned bar On for the Group you created earlier
- Click Close
Connecting Miva and Sendlane
Once you've grabbed all of the basic info from your Miva account, it's time to get started integrating!
- From your Miva Settings menu click Modules
- Click Add/Remove Modules
Click Upload to install the Miva + Sendlane module file you downloaded earlier. Be sure to confirm that it's the correct filename, version, and provider before moving on. [Filename: sendlane.mvc | Version: 2.0008 | Provider: www.emediasales.com].
- Once you have completed these steps, go to your Sendlane account and click Integrations and then Miva.
- Enter your Miva Store Code, Store URL, API Key, Access Token and Signature
If you need help finding this information, please see the Before Getting Started section at the top of this article.
- Select the Sendlane list you'd like your new customers to be added to
- Click Continue
- You'll see the integration status as Initializing first, then Syncing as the data starts to transfer - please give the system just a bit of time to process here, then once the status updates to Installed you're all set!
Your integration is now complete!
Miva customer data from the last 90 days will now be available in Sendlane, and any new leads or customers will automatically be synced over as well, enabling you to develop targeted Campaigns and Automations for your Miva audience!
Now that your store is connected with Sendlane, you can create segments and automations, to target your Miva customers more effectively!
Troubleshooting & Additional Miva Resources
I do not see my Miva customers within Sendlane:
If you just completed the integration process, it will take some time for all of that information to sync over. If you visit the Miva integration page within your Sendlane account and see that the status still shows Initializing or Syncing, some information or actions may not be available yet.
I'm seeing an error message stating, "Module 'Sendlane' is in use by one or more scheduled tasks"
If you're encountering this error, you'll need to delete a Webhook Event and Abandoned Cart task:
If you have any issues connecting your Sendlane and Miva accounts, our support team is available 24/7. Plus, the Miva team is just a few clicks away!
Additional Sendlane Resources:
Delete old integration (in Sendlane): Integrations → Miva → Configure → … → Delete
Uninstall previous module (in Miva): Settings → Modules → find Sendlane → … → Uninstall
Delete group & API Token (in Miva): Settings → User Management → Groups → select Sendlane → … → Delete Record(s) → Delete → API Tokens → select Sendlane → … → Delete Record(s) → Delete
Integration (in Miva): Settings → Modules → Add/Remove Modules→ Upload (install the Miva + Sendlane module file)
Integration (in Sendlane): Integrations → Miva → Enter Miva Store Code, Store URL, API Code, Access Token and Signature → Select Sendlane list → Continue → Confirm Initializing status → Complete