How Segments can Remove Unengaged Contacts
Segments are a way to filter all of your lists, or individual list specific to your choosing. This is additionally a great way to find and remove unengaged contacts.
Removing unengaged contacts is a great way to keep your account performing at the highest level.
Segments allow you to control exactly how long these contacts have been in your account and to check their behavior before removing them.
Before Getting Started
You will need to have created a list with contacts and send at least one campaign to this list before removing unengaged contacts.
How to Segment Unengaged Contacts
- In order to create a segment you will want to go to Audience -> Segments. For a more in depth explanation, please see our Segments help doc
- Next, click on New Segment in the top right corner. You will be brought to a new page for you to enter in the information about your Segment:
- Name: You'll want to name your segment appropriately
- List: Select which list(s) you'll want to filter through. You can also select Global, this will select all lists in your account.
- Matches: ALL/ANY. Select if you would like all conditions to be met or any. For this example, we will be using Subscriber Activity and Date Added
- For this example, we will be using Subscriber Activity and Date Added. Keep in mind, the date added is based on personal preference.
- Once you have added the correct conditions, click save in the top right corner.
The date added parameter is here to filter out older contacts vs those that have been recently added. In this example, only contacts that have been in the account before 6/1/2019 will be checked if they opened any campaign. This allows newer contacts time to open your campaigns.
Removing Segmented Contacts
- Click on the segment that contains the contacts that you would like to delete.
- Review the contacts in the segment before permanently removing them from your account
- When you are ready to delete the contacts in this segment, click on Remove All Once the contacts have been removed, a CSV list will be emailed to the email address linked to your Sendlane account for your records.
Segment Unengaged Contacts: Segments → New Segment → Name, select lists, and add conditions → Save
Remove Segmented Contacts: Segments → Select Segments to Remove Contacts from → Review Contacts → Remove All