Sendlane Quick Start Guide
First things first, Welcome to Sendlane!
Our goal is to see you get results as quickly (and easily) as possible with our platform. This Quick Start Guide will walk through you through exactly how to do just that!
Specifically, we will cover how to:
- Create a Sendlane account
- Activate your new account
- Get the basics set up
- Create your first automation
Create a Sendlane Account
Activate Your New Account
Keep an eye on your inbox because once you register, we'll be sending you an email with the subject line "Final Step: Confirm Your Account" that will help us verify your account details.
When you receive our activation email simply click the pink button in the email that says Activate Account.
Then, the final step of the activation process is a short survey about you and your business. Once you've answered a few quick questions, your account will be fully activated and ready to go!
Next, we'll go step-by-step on how to complete the basic setup for your account.
Get the Basics Set Up
In this section, we'll walk through everything you need to do to get your new Sendlane account situated!
The first thing you'll see after activating your Sendlane account is your Onboarding Checklist.
That's where we'll start:
- In the Import Your Contacts section, click Paste Your Contacts
- Next, click New List
- Then under the Sender dropdown, click Create New Sender
- Fill in all of your details on the New Sender screen and click Confirm
- Then on the New List screen, enter any missing details for your new list and click Create
Now, you have both your Sender Profile and first List created!
Creating Your First Automation
Having an automation funnel set up means that emails will be sent out to your contacts automatically once they subscribe to your list.
So, once you've gotten the basics all set up, you should move on and create your first funnel!
- To create an automation, head to Automations and click on New Automation
- Next, you'll see the Create New Automation screen
- Since this is your first automation, we recommend using the Welcome new contacts template (which is a pre-built automation funnel)
- Next, click on the Subscribes to a list box to specify which new list will trigger this automation
- Click to configure the email content you want to send out (this automation has 2, so make sure you create content for both emails)
- Decide if you want to add more emails, or any other actions
- Be sure to click Save Automation to save and activate your first funnel
For more details on using and creating in-depth automation funnels please check out our full automations article!
Once you have your first automation set up, you can focus on how you'll grow your audience, adding new contacts to your list.
Then, you can add additional automation funnels to take your contacts on their own custom journey.
You'll also be ready to start sending campaigns to deliver one-time updates, product releases or newsletter messages to your audience!
Additional Sendlane Resources
For helpful content on anything and everything email marketing and marketing automation related (think best practices, tips and tricks, and even case studies), check out the Sendlane Blog.
If you're a developer, you can also get familiar with our API Docs, which runs through all of the API calls available to you.
Last but not least, if you hit any roadblocks, you can also get in touch with our team of email marketing automation experts right here!