How Do I Use Advanced Segmentation?
In companion to the Segmentation article, there are additional options and conditions that can help users more efficiently filter lists and target your customers.
Below are more advanced segmentation options such as segmenting subscribers by email domains, custom fields, subscriber activity, as well as additional options for Shopify users.
Segmenting Subscribers by Email
- To create a segment of subscribers who have the same email domain, such as Gmail addresses or Yahoo email addresses or any other email domain, select the following conditions: ‘Email address’ + ‘Contains’, then type the email domain you’d like to create the segment for.
Segmenting Subscribers by Custom Fields
- When creating Subscription Web-forms, you are given the option to add Custom Fields to collect additional information on your subscribers. You can segment based on any Custom Field, as shown here.
Segmenting Subscribers Based on Activity
- A great way to target your subscribers is by sending follow up emails based on their activity within your emails. Segments can be created based on whether or not a subscriber has opened a specific email, or any campaign in a particular time frame.
Segmenting Subscribers Who Have Purchased Products
- You can create segments to notify existing customers of new products you know they’ll enjoy, based on their past purchases. The screenshot below previews the conditions needed to set up this segment.
Segmenting Your Subscribers by Past Purchases - Dollar Amount
- To sort customers who have made a purchase in your Shopify store, you can create a segment like the one below. Multiple conditions can be utilized to create more specific segments, such as “Total Spend” which will sort users based on if they meet a specific purchase requirement.