How Do I Setup My SPF Record?
- What an SPF Record is
- How to Setup an SPF Record
- How to Edit DNS Records in Popular Domain Providers
What is an SPF Record?
Sender Policy Framework or SPF is an email validation system designed to detect email spoofing and many large mail servers use SPF records to determine the legitimacy of an email address. To ensure that your emails have optimal deliverability, you can authenticate your domain by adding an SPF record.
In the following section, we will walk through how to set up an SPF Record.
How to Setup an SPF Record
As each domain provider has a different platform layout we have provided general instructions below. If you have trouble finding any of the following, please reach out to your domain provider directly for further assistance.
- Navigate to your Domain Provider
- Locate the DNS editor/zone
- Add a TXT record containing the following:
- v=spf1 mx include:sendlane.com include:creatensend.com include:icmessage.com include:slsv1.com include:slsv2.com -all
- If prompted use the ‘@’ symbol for the host field
How to Edit DNS Records in Popular Domain Providers
Below is a list of common domain providers and information about how to edit DNS records on their platform. If your domain provider is not listed below, please navigate to their website and search their help docs for a similar walkthrough. If you have trouble with any of the following, please reach out to your domain provider directly for further assistance.