My Templates Overview
The My Templates module gives you the ability to save any of your emails in HTML format to use for multiple email campaigns. Note it does not save any Landing Pages as templates, this is strictly for email.
1. Start by navigating to the “My Templates” section from your Sendlane dashboard.
2. Select “Create Template”, or select the pencil icon to edit an already created template.
3. Your template will present in a WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) editor. Here is an overview of how each icon in the toolbar works from left to right.
HTML – Add HTML code, or edit HTML code of the template
Formatting – This allows you to alter the test to be formatted in preset ways, such as Normal text, Quote, Header 1, and so on
Bold – Formats the text so that it is bold
Italic – Formats the text so that it is italicized
Deleted – Strikes through the text
Unordered list – Creates a bullet/unordered list
Ordered list – Creates a numbered/ordered list
Outdent – Inserts an outdent
Indent – Inserts an indent
Insert Image – Inserts an image link or file
Insert Video – Inserts a video, using Embed code only
Table – Inserts a table, and allows you to add and delete rows and columns
Link – Adds a link to text
Alignment – Allows you to align text Left, Center, Right and Justify text
Insert Horizontal Rule – Inserts a Horizontal rule
Font Color – Allows you to change the color of the text
Back Color – Allows you to alter the highlight color of the text
Change Font Family – Alters the font family of selected text
Change Font Size – Alters the size of the text
Change Direction – Allows you to change the direction from right to left to left to right
4. You can also add a personal tag to your template by using the drop down personalization tags menu.
5. Once you have a complete Draft of your email, select “Preview & Submit” to save the template.
6. When creating a email, you will have the ability to go into the My Templates module to view any of your saved templates. Templates can be also be saved from inside the email editor itself. To do so click on the options menu next to the “Support” tab in the upper right of the editor. Then select “Save as custom template.”