How Do I Create a Thank You Page (TYP)?
In this tutorial you will learn:
How to Create a Thank You Page
Thank You Pages are important part of your funnel, letting your users know that they have Opted in to your list successfully, and allow you to redirect them to a gift if needed. You can learn more about creating an Opt-in Page here if you have not already created one.
1. Start be navigating to the “Landing Pages” tab in the left-hand sidebar of your dashboard
2. Select “Build A Single Page” from the top right-hand corner
3. Next, select what style page you would like to build. In this case choosing a Thank You Page template, these are located towards the bottom of the templates section. You can preview the page by hovering over your selection and click the eye icon.
4. Enter a page name (This will only be seen by you), and edit the URL slug if needed, both of these can be edited later
- Grids – Allows you to place rows and columns of sections to add content (text, images, videos, and etc.)
- Title – Creates a headline text block
- Paragraph – Creates a text block of smaller text
- Images – Allows you to add an image, and hyperlink that image
- Videos – Allows you to add a video through a YouTube like or custom embed code
- Forms – This button will only show if you have already created a form in the Integrations Section
- Buttons – Add a button to your page to redirect a user to a URL (If there is only a single button to the page, the URL will be added in the “Settings” section)
- Settings – We will go over this in the next section
- Background Image – Allows you to change the background image of the page
Thank You Page Settings
In this section, we will cover the “Settings” tab inside of the Landing Page creator. Inside of the Settings tab, you will be able to control the most important aspects of your Thank You Page Page.
1. Select a Landing Page to edit, or create a Landing Page
2. Navigate to the “Settings” tab in the left-hand sidebar
3. You will first see a section where you are able to edit the Page Name and Url-slug you chose when setting up the page
4. Continue to scroll down and you will find the tabs SEO Settings, Opt-in Form Integration, Tracking Code and Exit Popup.
- SEO Settings – Allows you to add a SEO Page Title, Description and Keywords
- Next Redirect URL – On this tab, you will be able to add a URL where the user will be redirected to if the click the button
- Tracking Code – You can place tracking codes here
- Exit Popup – Recognizes when a user is going to close the page, and presents a popup, you can choose to redirect the user to a different URL if they choose to stay on the page
Publishing your Thank You Page
- After you have completed your Thank You Page design, it is time to publish it. There are two options:
- Use your Sendlane subdomain and the host the page through Sendlane
- Use your own webpage to host the HTML code of the Thank You Page
- Click on the “Publish” button in the bottom right hand corner, here you will be able to publish your page, or download the HTML file