How Can I Create a Contact List?
- How to Create a List in Sendlane
- How to Manually Add Subscribers to a List
- How to Manually Unsubscribe a User From a List
How to Create a List
The very first thing you want to create is a List. Your List is the hub of where most of the modules inside of Sendlane™ interact with.
- Start by logging into your Sendlane dashboard and navigating to the “Lists” tab in the left-hand sidebar.
- Next, select the green “Create List” button located in the top right-hand corner.
- You will then be prompted to fill out the following fields, to complete the list creation process
- List name – Name your list for your reference here.
- Default from name – The name that your subscribers recognize, so they are more likely to open your email.
- Default from email – Fill in an email your users will recognize, using a custom domain email.
- Default reply-to email – The email where any replies will be sent, not required
- Default Subject – This field can be left blank, it is not required. All your emails being sent to this list will default to this subject unless changed within the email.
- Remind people how they got on your list – We suggest filling this section with information about how the subscriber’s email was added to the list.
- Company – Enter your Company or Business name here.
- Address – Enter a valid address. This can be a P.O. Box that you own, if you prefer.
- Zip/Postal Code
- Phone – Enter a valid phone number.
- After filling out all the required fields, select the green “Save” button. You will then be brought back to the “Lists” tab and will see your created list.
Please Note: When creating a list and filling out the “Default from email” field, you cannot use a free email address like gmail/yahoo/etc. There was a recent change in what emails can be used when sending out emails using autoresponders. We are complying with DMARC’s latest standard. Trying to use a free email account will result in deliverability issues which is why we do not allow those email addresses when creating a List.
You will need to register your own custom domain and use that custom domain email in the “Default from email” field to successfully create a list. You can register a domain with GoDaddy, NameCheap, or any domain service provider of your choice. You can learn more about this process here.
How to Manually Add Subscribers to a List
The following is a walkthrough of how to manually add subscribers, individually to a list. You can find a walkthrough of how to import a list of subscribers here.
- First, navigate to the list that you would like to add a subscriber to
- Select “Add Subscribers” from the drop-down menu under “Manage Subscribers”
- Fill out the form with the necessary information and click “Subscribe”
How to Manually Unsubscribe a User from a List
The following walkthrough will direct you through the steps of unsubscribing a user from your list. You can learn more about managing your subscribers here.